ENERGY AUDIT OF BUILT HERITAGE
Built heritage is considered as buildings that are inherited from previous generations that are worth preserving for future generations.
When ancient buildings of this type are renovated, an energy audit can be performed to determine the most efficient and interesting energy investment. An energy audit of built heritage is the best way of finding this out and in many cases it is also subsidised by the government.
In 4 steps:
- Analyse the existing energy efficiency and energy losses of the building
- Provide recommendations on better ways of insulating the building and saving energy
- Determine the feasibility of the recommendations by:
◦ Obtaining a description of the heritage values, characteristics and elements of the building
◦ Performing an impact analysis of the interventions on the heritage values, characteristics and elements
◦ Performing a risk analysis of the interventions on the existing structure
◦ Performing a cost-benefit analysis of the interventions
- Justify the choice of energy-saving measures that do not harm the heritage values and the existing construction
- Research grant: request when drawing up a built heritage energy audit for a protected monument.
- Heritage subsidy: request for energy-saving measures on or in protected built heritage, goods in a transitional zone near protected heritage or goods in a heritage landscape. Mandatory: an energy audit must be performed first.
Expertisebureau Dirk De Groof bv is a service provider which is listed in the register of recognised aid to SMEs.
(Expertisebureau Dirk De Groof bv – BE 0877.993.025 – DV.A240839)
- Submit your subsidy application online. This can be done up to 14 calendar days after the service commencement date.
- The service provider must ensure that the identity of the applicant, as well as all other data, is inputted correctly.
- The service provider must ensure that the subsidy application complies with the conditions of the SME’s allowances portfolio; if not, the subsidy application may still be rejected.